The Government of Bihar has announced that applications for the Post Matric Scholarship for BC & EBC category and SC & ST category Students for the academic year 2022-23 are now open via the PMS online portal (www.pmsonline.bih.nic.in).
The online application form for the Bihar post matric scholarship for SC & ST and Mukhyamantri post matric scholarship scheme for SC & ST category will be available from 05 November 2022 on the PMS portal and Mobile App.
The Bihar Post Matric Scholarship Date has been extended for SC/ST and EBC/BC Candidates. The Online Process will be continuous from 05-Dec-2022 to 31-Dec-2022. Those candidates who haven't filled out their Scholarship form. They can fill out their online Application Form.
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme Eligibility 2022
The BC, EBC, SC, and ST Post Admission Scholarship Scheme is open to permanent residents of Bihar state who belong to the backward classes, extremely backward classes, scheduled castes, or scheduled tribes. Under this scheme, the following students will be able to apply for post-admission scholarships:
- Permanent residents of Bihar state who belong to the backward classes
- Permanent residents of Bihar state who belong to the extremely backward classes
- Permanent residents of Bihar state who belong to the scheduled castes
- Permanent residents of Bihar state who belong to the scheduled tribes
This scheme is operated for the benefit of students who fall under any of the aforementioned categories. Students who wish to apply for a post-admission scholarship can do so by meeting the eligibility criteria set by the scheme.
Important Dates for PMSonline Scholarship 2022
|Application Begin||05-Nov-2022 |
|Last Date for Apply Online||31-Dec-2022 |
Eligibility Criteria for Post Matric Scholarship Bihar
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Bihar state.
- According to the Guidelines, to avail of the benefit of reservation, the applicant's caste should be included in the list of Backward Classes and Extremely Backward Classes and Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes issued by the State Government.
- The maximum total annual income of the parents/guardians of applicants for the post-admission scholarship has been increased to Rs.3.00 lakh for the financial year 2022-23. This change applies to applicants from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes. In the future, the concerned department's order regarding the maximum benefit of the parents/guardians will be considered applicable.
- This scholarship scheme is only for students who are studying in higher classes after passing the matriculation/entrance examination.
- After passing one level, of course, you will not be eligible for a scholarship if you decide to study an equivalent course. For example, if you pass the examination for I.A., you will not be able to receive a scholarship for B.A. Similarly, if you pass the examination for B.Com., you will not be able to receive a scholarship for M.Sc.
- Two sons of the applicant's parents in a backward class or very backward class will be the only ones eligible for the post-admission scholarship. This rule will not apply to daughters, Scheduled Castes, or Scheduled Tribes.
Important Links for pms scholarship online form 2022-2023
What is Post Matric Scholarship?
The State Scholarship Scheme provides scholarships to meritorious students of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and Backward Classes and Extremely Backward Classes who are studying in post-matric classes, both within the state and outside the state. The scheme is operated by the State Government and the Central Government. Scholarships are given to students studying in a duly recognized college/ university/ Institute.
Important Documents For Post Matric Scholarship
The following documents are mandatory for applying for the Post Matric Scholarship in 2022:
- Aadhaar Card
- Residential Certificate of Bihar
- Caste Certificate Issued by Competent authority of Govt. of Bihar
- Income Certificate
- Fee Receipt from Institution
- Bonafide Certificate
- Last Exam Passing Certificate [In Case of First Year Last Degree certificate and in case of consecutive years (2nd, 3rd, 4th years, etc. Last Degree Passing certificate and course exam passing Marksheet)]
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
What is the full form of PMS?
PMS stands for Post Matric Scholarship.
When will the Bihar Post Matric Scholarship 2022-23 application start?
Post Matric Scholarship application form will be started from 05 Nov 2022. for more information please visit the official website of PMS Online Scholarship 2022-2023
What is the Last Date of the Post Matric Scholarship online Form?
The Last date of the Post Matric Scholarship online application form is 05 Dec 2022.
Who can apply for Bihar Post Matric Scholarship?
Applicant must be a permanent resident of Bihar state and who is studying in post-matric classes. for more information please see the #Eligibility Criteria for Post Matric Scholarship Bihar
What is Bihar Post Matric Scholarship 2022 website link?
Applicants can apply online at the PMS portal http://www.pmsonline.bih.nic.in/ this is the official website for Post Matric Scholarship Bihar Government.